Thursday, December 24, 2009

Other

A while back I contacted a guy who was selling a bunch of East Village Others.

I wanted to know what artists were in each issue, essentially asking for the masthead contributers.

Never heard back.

Some of our favorites -like Kim Deitch -were regulars.



This is a cover Fred Mogubgub did in October 1970.

Steven Heller wrote a little piece about his time at the underground paper earlier this year. In context of the article, he talks about the "Dada" element to Mogubgub's work. I don't necessarily see it as an extension of Dada -any more than Pop Art in general was. Mr. Heller is an insightful thinker, and he worked at the paper so his thoughts on the matter are particularly interesting.

2 comments:

Animation Dance Association said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kids & Fun said...

Hello I am very impressed with this site, thanks for sharing.
I write you soon ...
Kids sport