Saturday, May 1, 2010

Closed



I never got around to seeing the Tim Burton show at the MoMA.

Fives times during its run I was at the museum- twice too apathetic to try, the others too late to get tickets.


Nothing against him -heck I like chicks in stripey tights more than the average bear -but he strikes me (especially in relation to animation) as a gothical Jim Davis. He's the creator of a stylistic empire.

I do like his drawings a good deal -especially his more Ronald Searle looking ones.  When he's not being Hollywood-maudlin his films are entertaining.


From all accounts it was an excellent show.  And I'm glad to have picked up the museum's exhibit guide.  I can't say I'm sorry to have missed it, since it's overcapacity crowd allowed me to spend more time in the Kentridge show.

1 comment:

Elliot Cowan said...

I'm glad you didn't go either.