Monday, January 5, 2009

This One's For Fran Krause

January 29th, 1995 was the only the second time I went to Williamsburg, Brooklyn.  To this day I find the lack of tricorner hats and butter-churning greatly disappointing.

I was on my way to Aaron Cantor's for a "Super Bowl Party."

On the way I was stopped by a multi-cultural group of men. 

(above) The Location.  The van really did break down!

One of them step up and says, "Hey, can you help us with a couple bucks?"

Another, pointing to a van parked at the curb, "We're on our way to a gig and our van broke down."

A third, "You might have heard of us -we're Spyro Gyra."

My college days of scamming Columbia House made me very familiar with the concept of Spyro Gyra.

I made a wide circle and continued on my way.

Later that evening we turned off the football game after one quarter and watched Wacko on VHS.

2 comments:

Wagster said...

Funny post. My roommate in college used to call Spyro Gyro his "saturday morning music". Wide circle, indeed.

frankrause said...

I got spirogyra real bad once. Always wash your hands before you eat, and never buy a chuirro on the subway platform.