Saturday, January 24, 2009

Nine Years Later...

Our original office space at 20 West 20th Street shared the same address as the VIP Club.

That's a strip club.

I've never been in a strip club, but one of my favorite TV ads is for Gallagher's 2000 in Long Island City.

There are a few commercial directors who can pick the jobs they produce.  Even those guys and gals work at production companies which will kick these leftovers to hungry artists willing to do anything for a paycheck.

Still, some clients -especially local ones -don't have the budgets to make ads with exceptional production values.

That's why I like this commercial.  Its absolutely ridiculous.  Imagine a couple teenagers with Mom's video camera this is what they might come up with.

1 comment:

Liesje said...

Screw animation! I'm gonna go work at Gallagher's! That way when the aliens take over in 2012, I'll be on their 'Good List'.