Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Notebooks

I can't draw.

Too bad, because I think I could be a decent animator if I could.

Just as a my inability to draw hasn't stopped me from trying to animate (let's face it, 80% of animation is just tracing anyway) it doesn't stop me from keeping sketchbooks either.

Last week I found an old notebook in a drawer. The book is about 3 inches by 5 inches, I could use that as an excuse for the crudeness of the drawing...

I can tell it's around ten years old because there are notes for the Hockey Monkey shoot and an address for Ivan Abel in Malacky, Slovakia.

There are lists and notes on meetings and ideas and poems and most importantly pages upon pages like these:



(above) Before Meerkat Manor there were lemurs. I probably saw a National Geographic story while Kris Kross was on the radio.



(above) One of probably hundreds of pages of cats. This is from before I lived with Murray the Cat. Now all the cats wear boxing gloves.



(above) Upon close inspection you'll see that the pig is wearing what appears to be a badge. What's he saying to the fox? Is that taxi? Does it have lasers for headlights? I wish I knew what I was thinking.



(above) "Law" has some sort of --thing --on his head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog and I like these sketches! I'll be back...