Saturday, April 30, 2011

You Get What You Pay For

I don't like to spread negativity with this blog, but these subway ads embarrass me.  Every time I see them, I sort of cringe and hide my face lest something recognize me as someone remotely associated with drawing and hold me somehow responsible.


You may have seen EZ Pawn's cringeworthy  commercials featuring a thrift store Uncle Sam if you've got TV insomnia.

Usually when I see these low end, direct spots I think -use some simple illustration you can make a nice spot with this same small budget.

There's no accounting for taste.

1 comment:

Charles Kenny said...

People often give themselves a lot more credit for designing stuff than they deserve, especially when it comes to ads/flyers that attempt to be clever.

I should know, I've been there.