Thursday, October 29, 2009

Today's Tom Sawyer

We just did a quick "talking storybook" which will have limited use -direct to teachers, apparently.

It was done as a favor, essentially, to Steve Brodner's print agent. We have a little over a week to make it (discounting my time in Ottawa) and had to cut the "script" down from seven minutes to three.

I recorded a scratch track -we were adamant they would handle audio. They wound up "liking" my track and using it anyway.

We asked ZEES to work up some art based on some extraordinarily crappy sketches that I did. Something a little 19th Century was the direction.





Jonny A put the motion graphics work together in a day or two, based solely on an annotated script and the voice track.

He then went home and recorded banjo track for the music. I knew the client wouldn't do anything and a piece like this can come to life with music. Listen here.

1 comment:

Elliot Cowan said...

Jonny A rocks.
Or plucks.